Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Down time

Deann is now Day 7 after her transplant...the time she is most apt to feel bad & she would not doubt confirm that she does. It’s sobering to see how quickly some of the treatment side effects can take hold. Yesterday, I went out for a couple of hours with her feeling pretty good & came back to see her totally wiped out. Still, as I look around the treatment center, I know she is getting through this better than most...of course that’s no surprise is it??

Last test showed her white blood cell count pretty much wiped out & now she needs to start generating those cells on her own. Typically that happens from Day 10 to 14. She just received a blessing from Trevor & Andrew, who broke his arm Saturday & needs one himself. Sarah is now taking care of all of us... so I’m pretty sure more kids aren’t in her game plan just yet. She just gave Deann a little trim ...nobody looks better in a buzz cut!

Please keep Deann in your thoughts & prayers because we all she needs that to help her through this thing!

6 comments:

  1. My eyes fill with tears as I picture the narrator typing away in the little tiny compter room at the hospital. Oh how badly I wish I Lived in utah I will be you little secret elf dropping by goodies of encouragement. But since im stuck on the otherside of the computer do know that I love you to pieces and believe that through the power of the priesthood all mysterious questions will be resolved and answered here shortly. And to you sarah...You are the rock the soft place for your family to fall. Boy are the y blessed to have you there to take over and nurture and care for your family at this time. You too are in my prayers as well as you father. Theres no greater power and strength then family and the priesthood and for that I know Deann youre in good hands and will fight with all your might. Just always know that i carry a big prayer in my heart morning, noon, and night and am grateful for this blog to inform us all of your progress and time line. Can I share a sogn with you that helped carry me throuh my days at that Huntsman Hospital. Hopefully you can look itup its wonderful. "Stand" Rascal Flatts. Love ya tons. Muahhh!!

    PS Keep those boxing gloves on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you were swearing like a sailor right after your blessing. That's what I love about you, you know how to bring the spirit to things :) You are such a Rock Star and I have always been so amazed at the dignity and grace you show even when enduring life's challenges. We love you and are cheering you on every step of the way. We can't wait to see you again, Jack wants to get in to another staring contest with Jim. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deann, it is so wonderful that you have such a strong husband and daughter there to love and give you such tremendous support. You also have so many good people and friends that are praying for you and caring about you. You are truly blessed to have so many that care and love you.

    Don't forget the power of faith, prayer and your positive thinking. It will keep you strong and get you through this.

    You are an amazing women, and I admire you and your strength so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there clinic queen! Time to get those white blood cells reproducing, right?? That sends a funny picture to mind :) Thinking of you all constantly, and sending prayers and good thoughts your way. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you often and sending prayers your way. Grow, grow, grow good cells!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and prayers and mental images of reproductive white cells your way. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete