Thursday, November 12, 2009

Coming home

To all my very dear friends –


Once again, you’ve made it possible for Jim and me to keep our chins up & continually move forward. We have been officially dismissed to go home for a few weeks & cuddle in our comfy bed & lead a more normal life. I can’t wait to see my cat, but I hope she remembers us. It seems a new relationship has been established with Uncle Ronnie and Aunt Kristi.


We thank the Hansen’s so much for the care of our home and cat. That was such a comfort to me to have them there.


All of you, my friends, are so precious to me. Knowing I have people who pray on my behalf is very powerful. Your comments have helped me in ways I can’t even describe – I get very emotional when I think of all of our lives and relationships. I must quit with this sappy stuff because I can’t see through my tears!


At any rate, the clinic team has determined that my blood levels are where they need to be, so I’m coming home with lots of pills & lots of instructions. I will be home for 5-6 weeks & return around Christmas week to begin the process all over again – but hey – I’m half way there!


Jim and I talk about our blessings and the many incidents in our lives that have shown to be truly blessings, although sometimes well disguised, for our good. How blessed we are to have access to this amazing technology & incredible medical staff – to have the insurance support to help pay for it – but most of all, the love we have for one another!


I love you dear friends. I’ll see you and talk to you in a few days.

9 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you are coming home...there's no place like home! You really are an inspiration to everyone. Love and safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you, I know the Book Club has missed you and your wonderful witty comments. Recover quickly, I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo for the clinic queen! So excited you get to return home! We love you, love you, love you and think of you many times throughout the day! You are a champion, Deann. A true inspiration to me and anyone who knows you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahooooo! Safe travels home and enjoy the nice Thanksgiving Season. Lots to be grateful for isnt there. Here's to the 1st half of this boxing match. time to take a brake and sit on the side lines for a bit and prepare yourself for the final fight. Love ya. Glad you put those boxing gloves to good use, but always keep them near, for before long the bell will ring for round 2 and I know you'll go in that ring with full force swings. Youre a winner and am proud to see you fight a good fight. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. book club? am I missing something?

    anyway you keep going girl-we sure do love you and your whole family

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO DEANN!! You and Jim are such a great example and inspiration to us as a newly wed couple! We hope we can be as strong and cool as the two of you!! :] We have had so much fun taking care of the house and baby Etta! I know she misses you and is excited to see you!
    Love,
    Kristi & Ronnie
    p.s. Travel safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see you! Do you want me to put clean sheets on your comfy bed so it's all ready for you? I'm really good at making beds; it's a special talent.

    Travel safely and remember you are still in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hip,Hip, Hurray! Hip, Hip, Hurray! Great news! I'm sure you are so excited to get home.

    Be safe in your travels home and I'll be talking to you.

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yey, oh yey, oh yey! I'm so glad you're coming home(or home now!) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete