Thursday, November 5, 2009

Still waiting...

Day 9 for Deann since her transplant & there were some good indications in today’s blood tests that she will soon reach engraftment. Couldn’t prove it by the way she felt today, but we’ll go with the opinion of the experts. This time around, she’s unfortunately experiencing many of the normal side effects associated with this treatment. She is dealing with it like the trooper we know she is but doesn’t feel like wonder woman right now. It’s hard to see her so wiped out but we’re proud of how she deals with it. Amelia the nurse always wants to know what book Deann is reading & told her today that it’s the first time she has ever seen her not reading one... we’re hopeful that she’ll pick that book back up soon!

9 comments:

  1. Come on baby cells, start engraftment!!!!I hope you're feeling better tomorrow. I put everyone's name on the temple roll yesterday, even Jack and Mazz! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a superstar, I know you will start feeling better in a few days. You are so positive, everyone looks to you for good energy..now our turn to pass it on to you. I love everything about you.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soon this will pass...with the Lord as your light you will see through this storm. Funny how just as I typed this that exact song came to mind "The Lord Is My Light" Hymn #89. Youre in a mighty battle and I know you will conquer with great strength and beauty. Sarah is right. we as family and friends are here to return the favor and lift you up now. You dont know the strength you give me each day and through my trials in my sickness. Now its our turn to carry you through. we love you and hold you in our prayers. love ya.

    Keri

    Keep those boxing gloves on and "Stand"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to bottle some of the boys' energy and send it your way (minus the germs). Also sending extra prayers.

    What are you trying to read? I finally finished all the Stephanie Plum in order. So my advice now is to eat some donuts when you feel up to it.

    Seriously though, hang in there through the tough days. Sounds like the doctors anticipate better ones pretty soon. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep that positive attitude of yours, Deann. Take one day at a time. I know you can beat this. Brighter days are ahead for you. The Lord is with you and I know he will help you feel better very soon.

    You are in my thoughts, prayers and heart. I love you. Neilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us... Keep fighting! You are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you Deann! Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there baby - just one day at a time! You are so awesome and inspirational. We love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its Saturday. I hope today is a brighter day for you, Deann. Feeling better today? Hopefully your next blood test gives you good news. Hang in there and keep fighting. I love you.

    ReplyDelete