Monday, November 9, 2009

Deann's travels

I know for sure that Deann is feeling better. Two nights ago, we were sitting at the table in our apartment when she started to get up. I asked where she was going and she said, “Well, I really only go a couple of places in this apartment...poop and poop again.” Good to see her bathroom humor returning. I was getting worried there for a while.

She really is getting better, although she is still incredibly weak. She had a blood transfusion yesterday, which seemed to help some. She is still on oxygen & looks like she will be for a while. Sarah mad e dinner last night for us and Deann ate pretty well. That was good to see although I don’t think Sarah planned on her eating. Maybe she was just trying to tell me something!

It’s pretty amazing to see all the patients being treated here for multiple myeloma. They come from all over the country. It’s great to think that so many people will be helped in fighting this disease. We get the feeling that the clinic has a tough job treating as many as possible while attending to each individual’s needs. There are many changes in how things are done from Deann’s first visit and unfortunately, insurance coverage plays a part in some of them. We are so lucky to have good coverage.

Should know tomorrow what the plan is for her release back to Carson City. We’ll keep you all posted!

5 comments:

  1. Yippy. theres no place like home. Prayers sure are being answered arnt they. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bathroom humor is one of my very favorite things about you. Hurray for feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray! What great news. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and better each day. Keep wearing that Bulldog skirt,and keep that faithful,tough, positive, "I'm going to beat this thing" attitude of yours.

    I love you, Deann

    ReplyDelete
  4. One day at a time Clinic Queen! You are a star! My mom, sister, Lauren, Davis and myself did the Race for Research for multiple myeloma on Sunday - thinking of you and racing for team Deann! They raised a ton of money - so great to see. We love you and continue to send happy thoughts and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete