Monday, October 26, 2009

Day minus one

The clinic queen is taking her medicine like a real trooper! She got her second round of heavy duty chemo earlier today. She made it through the first round last Friday in pretty good shape...had a few of the potential side effects, nausea & vomiting among them, but, as only Deann can describe, says the vomiting isn’t like regular vomiting. She was eating her breakfast Saturday morning, jumped up and ran to the bathroom, did her thing, and then came right back and finished up her scrambled eggs...no problem!

Things are very different from her first transplant experience. They are administering the drugs through implants in her chest! Now, I know what you’re thinking, but it’s not those kinds of implants (darn). Anyway, things are a whole lot easier this way as compared to the old port method the first go-round.

Tomorrow is transplant day, so we’ll post a full report then.

8 comments:

  1. Love your positive additude. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She may be tossing her cookies, but all in all she is one "Tough" cookie to say the least. Thats what pulls her through garanteed. I just love how modern medicine gets bigger and better each year it seems. Thats great to hear that her method of treatment is easier. Easier means more time to rest and heal and remain strong. thats just terrific to hear. give her big hugs from me....I love her lots. We continue to keep her in our daily famiy prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Deanne! You are a real trooper. We are praying for you and know you are sooo strong you will overcome. BTW breast implants are so L.A.;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you BIG success today on your transplant. Keep your super positive attitude. You are a tough cookie. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey lady!! I heard the transplant went well but you feel like hell :) See, it is good to have a 4 year old so I can work on my rhymes! You rock! So many people love and adore you - I hope you know that. As always, we are cheering you on beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad the surgery went well! Phew! I'm not sure why they couldn't have just given you the other kind of transplants at the same time! :) Oh well.

    ReplyDelete